10.02.2009

Tunnelwise

Sometimes in life we walk through darkness. It can feel like a tunnel where we can't see light on either side. At times I feel like I am in a tunnel right now. I can catch a glimpse of some light behind me. That light was Germany and is fading. But it is not good to look behind. It is best to stay focused on what is in front of you.

First off because it is dark and you may stumble. But secondly and more importantly, you need to look ahead because you may catch a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel. And even a glimmer of that light is infinitely more satisfying than looking behind you at a light.

Let me introduce a third aspect of this metaphorical tunnel. Throughout the tunnel are periodic lights. These happen far more than one may notice, but when they are noticed it pushes back the darkness. The thing about these lights is that you never know if they are the end of the tunnel or not. So it is best to keep your eyes concentrated on this light.

There is a light that I must keep my eyes on.

0 comments: