10.15.2006

Committment

I was organizing something and had people say that they would do it and then back out on it a day or two before the event. Not cool. Why don't people's words mean much anymore? I was taught that when I say something, I do it. I have always figured that others were taught the same thing. Maybe I was wrong. In the end it turned out fine, but it makes for a stressful prep.

Elsewhere, I have been thinking. Here is a question. What are two things that you can't do without. I am not talking about items, but about ideas or interactions. Maybe it is time to yourself, maybe it is closeness with others. Maybe it is a partner. I wonder what makes us click and keep going.

3 comments:

stephen said...

I'm going to say time by myself, and feeling loved. And the latter more than the former.

Anonymous said...

Feeling significant. That what I say and do matters.

Anonymous said...

It must be the great parents you had that taught you so well :-).