4.14.2007

Processing

It seems that many times I can deal with stuff better if I write it out. It is just a different medium for me and although I am not great at it, I do speak English so I can write it. Many times this comes out in this blog. Although not as much recently as used to.

Anyway, yesterday the 3 month old girl of two friends of mine that I work with here in Germany passed away. She had a heart condition since birth, yet this was not the most expected thing. I can't even imagine the pain that the parents are going through. I have had another couple that were friends lose their baby in the first year.

Death is such a funny thing. There is fear in some ways. There is joy in some ways. But there is always pain. Great pain that can't totally be understood except by the people that are going through it.

Mourning. Grieving. Crying. Weeping.

So how is the response supposed to go of someone close to them but not part of the loss. There is nothing that can be said. No words are appropriate for this. They never are. There is something that is deeper that I wish could be expressed. I haven't found anyway words recently. Just a hug and being there. That's all that I can figure.

In the end, I don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you lose a loved one, I've found the best thing for them is a hug and to have ones friends and family there for them.

Proteinstar said...

We'll always be there for you Shoop.

Nathan Hackman said...

In a situation like that, just roll with it. Be there, be available. Don't say anything, because anything you say comes off as shallow.