12.07.2006

I got a hole in my sweatshirt

Yep, my Messiah college sweatshirt has a hole in it. Now I realize that this is nothing of note, but I like how I got it. If you get a hole in some clothing, it stinks, but to have a good story is helpful. Here it is.

I got it while climbing around a castle in France. That is right. I am so privileged to be living over here in Germany. I spent the afternoon walking around things that were being built around 1000 years ago. Incredible history. The part of France that I was in is 45 minutes from where I live. I saw something like 7 or so castles on hilltops all around today. It is incredible. Also getting to visit a walled city called Riquewihr was neat.

Perspective is interesting. What I did today wouldn't be that incredible to someone living over here, but to someone in the states where everything is new, it is completely different. I need to stop myself and just think about the incredible privilege that I have been given.

2 comments:

stephen said...

I'm thinking that if you drop a note to the admissions office at Messiah, they might be willing to hook you up with a new hoodie. Of course you might have to hand out a few brochures, but it's a thought.

And you contacts in the admissions office....

Anonymous said...

Good idea Stephen!
Matt, maybe if you sent us a good picture of you climbing around those castles in France and a blurb on how Messiah helped you get there, we could supply you with some new Messiah apparel.

Tim Dawson
Assistant Dean of Admissions
Messiah College
tdawson@messiah.edu