12.04.2007

Stay

I've been left thinking
where do i belong
Everything that's happened here
seems now so wrong
I'm asking the questions
i'm not sure I want the answers to
In the searching i've found
what i'm sure is true

When the flower blooms
When the spring birds tune
All the beauty in your soft warm face
Slowly brings everything into place

All i need and all i want
is to be with you
To know the end before the beginning
removes all mystery
What seemed so simple may be so wrong
What seems right may not be true
If there's anything i needed to know
it's not easy to see

For you to be here is what i would love
Yet not knowing you is not reason to grieve
The request that seems so simple to make
It's in your heart where i want to stay

3 comments:

Proteinstar said...

Man, I used to brutalize Goths who waxed poetic on the BBS's of yore for just such a lyrical attempt.

Granted that was back when I was crusin' the ancient servers on my trusty 300 baud modem.

15 years later and I'm still at it!

I loathe poetry
It's constant whininess is
an anathema

matt said...

aren't cheesy lovey dubby songs, ever fun?

Not really sure what BBS stans for.

Proteinstar said...

Bulletin Board System

before the internet