3.24.2005

Bunnies, Eggs And Chocolate

As this weekend approaches, I am amazed at how it seems to prop up out of nowhere and how flippantly it is treated. I, for one, am not mentally or spiritually prepared for the days to come. This is very possibly the most incredible weekend of the year. It celebrates the ultimate sacrifice of my Lord Jesus Christ. Without Jesus' sacrifice, I would have no hope of being able to spend the rest of eternity with God. In fact I would spend the rest of eternity forever separated from God. The misery that that would be. WOW.

As you go through the weekend, here are some thoughts. Thursday was the last meal that Jesus had before His death. And He chose to have it with a few of His closest friends on earth. Even He needed to be ministered to by those closest to Him on this earth. How much do you value the people you are closest to? Imagine knowing that in a few hours they would run away from you and deny you. Friday, He gave up His life and took all my sin so I could be reconciled. He even endured being separated from God the father. How hard must that have been? I can't even imagine. He accepted being separated from the Father so that He could be with me. I am the one that turns my back on Him every day. Yet it was completely worth it to Jesus. Sunday is the victorious day. He rose again. Power over death, and everything. How awesome.

He did this for us. No matter how much we screw up, He loves us and wants us. The ultimate sacrifice. That phrase seems to get overused but it is so true. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and remember that this is about Jesus' death and resurrection, not bunnies, eggs and chocolate.

0 comments: