2.17.2009

O What a Night!

Yesterday was my day off here in good ole Germany. It was a relaxing day in which I did not know what the rest held. Little did I know that it would turn into a wonderful evening. A group of people were going into Basel, CH to see a movie. I figured that I would join them. So to be in Basel is a good start.

We got into Basel a little early for the movie and I had some time to burn. So when others went to get some coffee, I and a friend went to a nearby pub and enjoyed a pint with good conversation. What a nice way to start an evening. After that I went to the movie of choice which was Slumdog Millionaire. Needless to say, it is a very good movie. The story is good and it is very real. Well done with good acting. I really enjoyed it.

I had gone to see a different movie than the others in the group, so I had about an hour after my movie got out. I decided to walk the streets of Basel. It was really nice and relaxing to walk the streets at night. I made it down to the river and just enjoyed the light reflecting off the water.

It was a great and very relaxing evening. I was glad that it happened even if unexpectedly.

0 comments: