9.03.2008

Top 5

A friend of mine went to see Coldplay on Monday in Strasbourg, France. She said that is was an amazing concert and loved it. It got me thinking about what some of my favorite concerts experiences have been. So here they are in no particular order.

-U2 in Philadelphia. They are great in concert and my ticket was randomly selected to go inside the ellipse they had set up. 15 feet from the Edge all night is pretty cool.

-Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra at WolfTrap. This is an outdoor venue and an incredible jazz band. There was a 10 minute drum solo in the middle of one of the songs.

-Athlete at World Cafe Live. Small club with a couple hundred people. Very intimate show from a big European band.

-New York Philharmonic at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Amazing pieces performed. I also got to see Ling Lang play there when he wasn't very famous. Nice outdoor venue.

-The concert to yet love. I love going to see live music. I can't wait for all the chances to see small or big bands live. So this spot goes to the one that will perpetually happen for the rest of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No good ones from the far past??