7.14.2007

Things that make me smile

I have found that there are things that make me go 'Ah' but not externally, internally. Things like biting into a Chic-Fil-A chicken sandwich, or listening to incredibly gifted musicians play live jazz. Talking to those people that you know care for you and watching them get excited about the things that excite you. Non-humid weather. Going to a baseball game on a beautiful evening and relaxing.

Those things are just good for me and make me more deeply happier than some things. Now that I think about it, a Chic-Fil-A sandwich is good, but I don't think that it should be on this list. It made me smile, but not that much. For some it would be on this list, but not me.

Anyway, what does this for you. Simple things, people, music, what is it for you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting outside in the peace and quiet of an early morning next to a mountainside lake. Aaahhhhhhhh

Electronic Goose said...

Feeling the wind blow through my hair and looking up to see the pattern of treetops against open sky ...

Anonymous said...

A child asleep in my arms, or anyone for that matter.

Proteinstar said...

A Chic-Fil-A sandwich makes me say 'ahhh' but only after I've raced all over the mall desperately searching for the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Recently for me, it's been sunsets. When you have purple clouds, outlined in orange with hints of blue and white in the background, it's simply spectacular. Not only does it make me smile, it fills me with joy.