11.11.2006

Left of Center

Why do people most commonly leave others out of things? I would guess that the large majority of the time, it isn't an intentional thing. I would bet that mostly it is because they forget.

So what makes people forget other people? A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that if you don't know somebody that well, or want to know them that well, you are always thinking about or making the effort to get to know them more. And the person is just not thought about. A very simple thing.

Now here is another question. Are some people just naturally more forgettable than others? Hmm.

4 comments:

Nathan Hackman said...

Well, since you went and got all uppity about it I would have to say that you weren't invited to the Death of Birch Mountain Party because YOU ARE IN GERMANY!!!! Gosh, some people are soooo touchy.

stephen said...

I too have been thinking what it is about people that makes them forgettable. And I think it all comes down to priorities. "It's important that I remember his birthday, therefore I will make a note of it on a calendar that I review on a daily basis." That's what I want people to think when they think about my birthday. But then I have to consider that my birthday may not be a priority to others.

Anonymous said...

I think that some people are just so happy to be included, that they forget, or choose to ignore that there are other people who were just in that exact situation. Just my thoughts.

Proteinstar said...

The reason I don't invite people to things is because I'm allergic to whining and the hydrocortisone isn't working to reduce the rash.