11.23.2005

Thankfulness

So the day after I wax on about discontentment, I shall write about thankfulness. I am definitely not as thankful as I should be. For some reason, when times are tough I can over-focus on the reasons that times are tough.

But I am blessed with many things. I have a wonderful family that is always there to listen and support me in everything. Their love for me is incredible.

I have had breath everyday for over 28 years.

I have awesome friends with whom I can laugh, talk, party, study, cry, and just have fun with. That pretty much goes for my family too.

I have a roof over my head, food on my table, gas in my car, heat under my roof, and a phone to talk to those lovely friends and family with.

I have the use of all of my limbs. (This is now in there since I broke my wrist and loss use of it for a couple of months) These allow me to play sports and music with the joy and love I have for each of those things.

I have friends that are having incredibly good things happen to them.

I have the ability to read.

I have things that I am passionate about. Whether it be music, God, sports, or even very small rocks.

I have humor without which life would be very boring.

There are so many more things that I am thankful for. It is a good exercise to think about these things. In the next month I will see snow for the first time this fall/winter season. I will get to see an NFL game in Buffalo, and I will get to go to Passion '06. So smile and be of good cheer

0 comments: